Begriffserklärung, Musik der Episoden und andere Informationen zur Serie findet ihr hier
Antworten
39 Beiträge • Seite 3 von 4
mj1985
House
House
Lieblingscharakter: House
Shipper: Huddy, Hilson, Hacy
Lieblingsepisode/n: 5x24, 6x01, 6x22, 7x03
Fox-Gucker: Ja

Re: Huddy-Shipper-Thread
Beitrag
Ich hab den Link mal editiert, so sollte niemand Probleme haben
Zuletzt geändert von mj1985 am Mi 17. Nov 2010, 22:25, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
--SemperFi--
Chase
Chase

Beitrag
House & Cuddy complicated relationship. Backstory speculations and interrogations.
wellwellwelles
July 25th, 23:43 House and Cuddy always had a very long and complex relationship. I am not a shipper nor that relationship is my area of expertise. That being said, I like all the interactions that every character provides with other ones and currently re-watching the show since the beginning, I noticed that, despite some well known facts about their shared past, House & Cuddy relationship is so complex and complicated that it begs a lot of questions.
Since they, now, after six seasons, decided to take their relationship to another level, I feel it is a good time to see what we really know about them, what hypothesis we can make based on those facts and what kind of conclusions we can draw, assuming that we can.
I propose to recapitulate, first what we do know about them and their past, then try to reconstruct their backstory and see what questions it begs and what mysteries there are left.

Some facts:

- House and Cuddy met at University of Michigan. She was an undergrad, while he was in med school. They immediately were very attracted to each other.

- They had a one-night stand at that time. The morning after, House was expelled from the University and he didn’t called her back, although he didn’t mean this night to be just a one-night stand. Something she’ll learn in season six only.

- In the beginning of the 90’s House meets Wilson at a conference. Wilson is about to divorce Sam. House and Cuddy were apparently in contact again because in season six House asked Cuddy if she remembered how Wilson was like at that difficult time and she answers that she does.

- He was with Stacy for five years. In season two, we see that Stacy & Cuddy get along very well, Cuddy even proposing to Stacy a temporary job at PPTH.

- House had an infarction. He didn’t work with Cuddy at that time but she was his doctor. She came at his bedside after the doctors misdiagnosed him in the first place and was his attendant.

- After this, House broke up with Stacy and developed an addiction to Vicodin. The pain plus that addiction changed him and he was fired from multiple hospitals and even became “unemployable”. Cuddy then, as PPTH Dean of Medicine, created a new department and hired him as the head of it.

From these facts we can make some speculations to try to recompose their past. Of course, the big question so far always seemed to be “were they still in touch with each other between Michigan and House’s infarction and his days at PPTH?”
At first, the logical answer is no. It seems unlikely that they kept in touch after Michigan especially after a one-night stand and his sudden departure. House even admitted he didn’t call her.
However, we know that they were apparently talking again when House met Wilson. They even got to discuss Wilson state of mind in this difficult divorce time, which can indicate that House and Cuddy relationship was friendly at that time. It is obvious they didn’t talk for quite some time after Michigan but we can speculate that they may have seen each other again at a conference (or something like that) few years after and remained just in touch via occasional phone calls & e-mails after that. Then, little by little, they may have reached a more friendly relationship.

There is a huge hole in their story there.

Anyway, we know from season six that House was very concerned for Wilson at that time. We can form the hypothesis that he confided his anxiety in his only other friend Cuddy and introduced her to Wilson. On a hypothetical theory that Cuddy was already working at PPTH then, House even may have asked her to see if there wasn’t a job for Wilson there too. I guess we will never know.
What we can say is that, despite what happened at Michigan, House & Cuddy met again later and were friends in early 90’s. They also apparently always kept in touch after that. Cuddy and Stacy got along very well so we can assume that they were still friends when House was with Stacy, as the fact that cuddy was his attending doctor when he got his infarction tends to prove it.

After his infarction, they may have encountered some difficulty due to the fact that House apparently blamed Stacy and her for his new disability. However, his anger seemed to be more targeted to Stacy than Cuddy so they could have stayed in touch.
When he was alone and fired from 4 different hospitals, she managed to gather enough money to create a new department in her hospital (and in medicine in general) for him to be able to practice medicine again.
She knows him well. She knew he wouldn’t be able to resist to be the head of a whole new department which could satisfied his curiosity and in which he could use this great mind of his.

That is really a great gift, especially considering the difficulty to create such a department. It costs a lot of money for just one patient a week to treat. We can assume that Cuddy had to really pull all the strings she had and negotiate really hard with the board to successfully do it.
This is not something you do for someone you barely kept in touch with for the last twenty years. This is something you do for someone you know well and care deeply about. Her guilt regarding his leg doesn’t explain everything. Especially, that after this, she will demonstrate a great loyalty to him even coming to perjure herself to protect him.
No matter what he says and how he treats her, he owes her, as Stacy reminded him, and House knows it. He also protects her and it is not just because it serves him. The fact that he kept the IVF treatment secret, even from Wilson, and helped her with the shots is proof of that. This was the first time in the show we saw how deep their relationship is. There is an underlying understanding between them and, despite the bickering and the yelling, a great affection.

I always considered the fact that Cuddy is the only character that knew House before he was actually a doctor was really important to the dynamic of the duo. I also think that the fact that she really put up with his crap, for almost twenty-five years now, is equally important. That’s why I believe (except for a time after Michigan) they always kept in touch and were even friends before he went to work at PPTH. It does make sense to me and I find their new step in their relationship even more meaningful regarding to all those years.

That being said, I don’t believe she was “pining” for him. I don’t like this term. I consider it to be very soap opera-ish and, despite what some fans might say, the House & Cuddy relationship doesn’t come close to be such a thing. After all, House managed to fall in love with somebody else for a long time and there is no reason to believe it never happened to Cuddy too, even if those relationships always ended with a break-up.
On the other hand, I do believe that the keen attraction that they experienced immediately at Michigan was always there. The IVF treatment shot scene that I mentioned above is also proof of this. That scene in Cuddy’s office remains, to this day, one of the most (if not the most) erotic scenes of the show.

However, here is a lot of speculation and there are still a lot of holes and mysteries in their backstory. The fact that the writers messed up the timeline in season six is, of course, no help. Another thing that brings more questions that answers, is House’s own speculations regarding Cuddy’s role in some of the major crisis of his life.
If the episode Help Me taught us something is that House’s imagination and hallucinations are not always reliable. He thought Cuddy was always confrontational and was the kind of person to just storm in his bathroom to take his pills and shoving them in the toilet while, in reality, she can just let him choose to take the drugs or not and be just a quiet and honest presence. In Baggage Nolan already tried to make House understand that the way House imagined a discussion or a scene is not the automatically the way it happened. The last scene in Help Me is proof enough of it. After all these years, Cuddy still has the power to surprise him.

This realization makes other moments questionable. What exactly is Cuddy’s role in House’s infarction? We all thought we got the answer from Three Stories. The thing is, this episode is told from House’s point of view only. It is his memories. He wasn’t there when Stacy and Cuddy were talking about what comes next for him therefore all those scenes were just as House imagined them to have happened. Since we know now that his imagination is not a great reliable source material, we don’t really know exactly how all this occurred.
What exactly Stacy and Cuddy told each other in those moments alone? Was this as conspiratorial as House thinks it was? Did Cuddy really accepted Stacy’s decision easily or did she fight a little more? I guess we will never know, but I, for one, would be very curious to hear Cuddy’s version. It could give some new insights on their relationship and on her guilt.

In Known Unknowns we learn that House didn’t remember their first encounter and that Cuddy didn’t know House was serious about her and that their one-night stand wasn’t supposed to be one. What other things did they miss or misunderstand or forget? He was wrong about how it began, she was wrong about how it ended. What else, in their long complicated relationship, are they wrong about?

There are still a lot for us (and them) to discover about House and Cuddy. It is not just a complicated complex, dysfunctional relationship. It is a mysterious, full of surprises one. Something like 25 years and counting. Quite an amazing ride for them like for us.
http://wellwellwelles.livejournal.com/2063.html
Zuletzt geändert von --SemperFi-- am Mi 17. Nov 2010, 22:25, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Housekatze
House
House
Lieblingsepisode/n: 1x06, 2x02, 4x01, 4x16, 5x24, 6x20, 7x03
Fox-Gucker: Nein

Beitrag
Es geht zwar irgendwie sowohl um House und Cuddy als auch um Hugh und Lisa, aber da hier sowieso so wenig los ist, poste ich das mal hier^^

Best Performances of 2010
Lisa Edelstein and Hugh Laurie, House
We are fans of simmering sexual tension, so when Cuddy (Edelstein) and House (Laurie) decided to finally have a go at it in last season's finale, we were skeptical. Interestingly though, their relationship is more familiar than the typical TV coupling. While Cuddy weighs how to tell their colleagues, House struggles with surrogate fatherhood when he has to baby-sit Cuddy's daughter Rachel. Their chemistry is still white-hot, but their interactions have the stuff of longevity.
Quelle: http://www.tvguide.com/special/best-of- ... st-1026042
LiaHuddy
Cuddy
Cuddy

Beitrag
Alternativ Version des Handcuffs Huddy Pics. 8o Am Cover eines französischen Magazins:

Bild

Thanks to cda685 for the scan :D

Hier ist Huddy auch noch am Cover von zwei anderen französischen Zeitungen. Leider sind die pics ziemlich klein:
http://www.lisaedelstein.net/2011/04/ma ... gh-laurie/
Zuletzt geändert von LiaHuddy am Sa 9. Apr 2011, 08:20, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Violett
Kutner
Kutner
Shipper: Hilson, Hacy

Beitrag
5 Reasons Why Huddy (House and Cuddy) Was a Mistake: http://www.daemonstv.com/2011/04/11/5-r ... nt=Twitter
I’ve watched HOUSE from the beginning and have always been what I would call a soft Huddy (name for House/Cuddy relationship that has stuck even though it makes me feel silly) fan. I loved their banter and bickering but was never anxious for an actual relationship.

When it finally happened, though, I rooted for it to work in the hope their new dynamic would bring a boost of energy to House while peeling new layers off two characters I adore.

Unfortunately, that isn’t what we got. I don’t know if the writers waited too long to bring these two together or if it never should have happened at all, but here are five reasons I think the Huddy relationship presented this season was a mistake that hurt both the characters and the show.
1. Who Are You and What Have You Done with House and Cuddy?

It would be an exaggeration to say House and Cuddy became unrecognizable during the course of their relationship, but it’s less of one than I would like.

What should have served as an exploration of the House and Cuddy we’ve known since season one in the context of a romantic relationship instead found two characters being twisted to fit a storyline.

House’s “I choose you. I will always choose you” in “Recession Proof” still floors me. On what planet would the real Dr. Gregory House decide that being a worse doctor is a necessary and acceptable trade-off for being in a relationship?

Far worse, though, is the damage done to Cuddy. Once romantically involved with House, she devolved into a brooding, judgmental whiner who over-analyzed almost everything House did or said. Her sense of humor vanished, and worse, her chemistry with House vanished. The House and Cuddy I had enjoyed watching for six seasons faded before my eyes.

2. How About a Little Medicine with All That Drama?

The episodes where I thought the House/Cuddy relationship worked best were the ones where it was kept in the background, remaining a single thread in the fabric of House.

Too often, though, manufactured crises (Cuddy’s mom was sick; Cuddy wanted House to take care of Rachel; House left the toilet seat up) overshadowed everything else going on and dragged down any story in its path. When Cuddy’s anger at House lying about a medical procedure takes over three episodes, you’ve entered Private Practice territory.
3. The Marginalization of Wilson

My favorite relationship on House will always be House and Wilson. What would Sherlock Holmes be without Watson, after all? Unfortunately, too often this season Wilson was relegated to sitting behind his desk where he spent his two minutes per episode giving House advice about making Cuddy happy.

It got a bit better from “Bombshells” on (Wilson at least got out from behind the desk), but even in “Fall from Grace,” Wilson chased after Cuddy, telling her she needs to be tough on House because she is the only one who ever has been.

First: that’s an outright lie because Cuddy almost always gives in to House and second: Wilson has done more than enough to help keep the Huddy alive. Enough already.
4. The Break-Up

I don’t know which was worse: that the break-up was contrived, stemming from a melodramatic health crisis, or that it was treated as inevitable from the beginning. It’s almost like the writers felt Huddy was something they had to do, so they just wanted to get it out of the way. The end was telegraphed almost from the beginning of the “Now What?” season premiere, which was not the best way to get me invested in the relationship.

That the actual break-up comes about after Cuddy has a medical emergency just proves to me that the writers cared more about the spectacle of Huddy than giving the arc any real resonance. We went from Cuddy almost definitely having a particularly vicious cancer to being completely well-so well in fact that she was able to bust House on his pill popping ways and dump him for not caring enough about her to change.

I’m not going to get into the merits of that particular reason here-have at it in the comments if you want-but it was so jarring and forced in that moment. It makes me wonder if the writers only put House and Cuddy together as a way to get House back on Vicodin.
5. The Aftermath

What’s old is new again. House is back to popping pills as he does his best to torment Cuddy. Unfortunately, it’s neither as interesting nor as fun as it once was. The pranks have a crueler edge, Cuddy is a shadow of her former self, and, oh, yeah, House got married.

I honestly didn’t see the marriage coming and I certainly didn’t expect to like the bride as much as I do, but I just don’t see how this bodes well for the show. I hope I’m wrong, but a married House just does not compute and frankly, I don’t want it to, especially since he seems to have done it almost solely to hurt Cuddy. Once again, it’s too much weight on the show.

After re-watching much of this season, I think putting House and Cuddy into a relationship was a disservice to the characters, the show, and fans of both the Huddy and non-Huddy variety. Looking back at the arc as a whole, Huddy fans had two or three episodes of pseudo-happiness followed by a relentless march to a manufactured break-up. For non-Huddy fans, the medical stories and other character development were shunted to the side as the show became mired down in melodrama.

If the House/Cuddy relationship had been truly explored instead of treated as a shallow “How to break up in ten tortuous steps” while getting House back on Vicodin exercise, I think Huddy could have been a good thing. Instead it dragged down the show, hurting the characters in the process.

It’s your turn: do you agree that Huddy-as it was handled-was a mistake or do you think it was handled well? If you like the idea of Huddy but not how it played out, what would have made it better? Where does House go from here. Let’s talk about it in the comments.
Bild
Housekatze
House
House

Beitrag
Sehr süße Season7-Promoa aus Asien:
[video][/video]
LiaHuddy
Cuddy
Cuddy

Beitrag
Happy Huddy Day! :D

Heute vor einem Jahr:

[video][/video]
Jaaaa... Da war es noch schön... I want this time back...
Zuletzt geändert von LiaHuddy am Di 17. Mai 2011, 10:23, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Lieblingscharakter: House, Cuddy, Wilson
Shipper: Huddy
Lieblingsepisode/n: ... zu viele um sie hier aufzulisten! ;)

Beitrag
Ich kann mich noch genau an den Tag erinnern wo ich die Folge gesehen habe und daraufhin die ganzen darauffolgenden Tage mit einem Dauergrinsen durchs Leben gegangen bin...
Season Finales sind eben immer für eine Überraschung gut!
Bild
“Somewhere, someway we’ll meet another day, another time and place“
Housekatze
House
House

Beitrag
AussieFan12 hat geschrieben:
Season Finales sind eben immer für eine Überraschung gut!
Wie groß ist wohl die Wahrscheinlichkeit, dass wir nach 7x23 auch so glücklich sein werden?

0.01% ? ;)
Lieblingscharakter: House, Cuddy, Wilson
Shipper: Huddy
Lieblingsepisode/n: ... zu viele um sie hier aufzulisten! ;)

Beitrag
Ja das ist die Frage! Ich denke die Wahrscheinlichkeit ist noch geringer als 0.01%... :( Was auch immer im Season Finale passieren wird ich bin gespannt auf die 8. Staffel und hoffe, dass die Autoren zum Schluss nochmal das Beste aus sich rausholen. Zu schade, dass Staffel 8 wohl die letzte ist...Wer weiß vielleicht bekommt Huddy ja doch noch eine Chance, hoffen kann man ja mal ;)
Bild
“Somewhere, someway we’ll meet another day, another time and place“
Tritziii
House
House
Lieblingscharakter: Greg 8o
Shipper: Hall-y
Lieblingsepisode/n: 1x11, 1x21, 3x1, 3x4

Beitrag
Housekatze hat geschrieben:
0.01% ? ;)
Ach doch noch so optimistisch? :rofl:
Bild
OMfG He really touched my finger and asked me a question :ohnmacht: :yeah:
Oh my... I REALLY was able to snatch HIS beer glass. The one, of which he drank.
Housekatze
House
House

Beitrag
Tritziii hat geschrieben:
Housekatze hat geschrieben:
0.01% ? ;)
Ach doch noch so optimistisch? :rofl: