Aktuelle Infos zu der Serie und derer Ausstrahlungstermine. Ebenso findet ihr hier die Threads zu Preisverleihungen.
Antworten
9 Beiträge • Seite 1 von 1
Housekatze
House
House
Lieblingscharakter: House
Lieblingsepisode/n: 1x06, 2x02, 4x01, 4x16, 5x24, 6x20, 7x03
Fox-Gucker: Nein

Hier bitte alle Zeitungsartikel, Kritiken, Reviews reinstellen, die die Serie als Ganzes betreffen (also nicht nur einzelne Epsioden--> die auch weiterhin in den passenden Episodenthread).

Sollte Diskussionsbedarf - was ja bei Kritiken leicht der Fall sein kann - bestehen, kann das sehr gerne auch hier stattfinden.
Bitte denkt aber an die Spoilerklammern.
Tonal transition: Why House is having a creative resurgence in its seventh season
by Cory Barker

In its seventh season, the general consensus on FOX’s House is that it is a series way past its prime, one that’s a shell of its former self and one that’s basically no longer interesting on a week-to-week basis. If you would have asked me, a long-time fan of the series, my opinion on House just last season, I would have said exactly the same thing. In fact, I’ve voice my frustrations with the series multiple times over the past few years, most notably in a my former podcast and this post near the end of season six last spring. I don’t think I was as critical as some of the major critics have been, but I could definitely see where their frustrations stemmed from.

However, as the title of this post suggests — and if you’ve kept up, most of my S7 reviews have noted — I’ve changed my tune on House this season. With this post, I hope to sketch out some of the issues I’ve had with the series in recent seasons and examine why a number of those issues have been expunged throughout the first half-dozen episodes of season seven. Most of these points have been scattered across the aforementioned podcast, blog posts and reviews, but I felt it necessary to compile them all into one overarching argument for your reading pleasure.

Anyway, let’s talk about House.

Tonal transition: Why House is having a creative resurgence in its seventh seasonThe way I see it, the series has had three main periods in its six-plus year life-cycle, each of which have seen the series transition in tone. We all know and love the first period, those first three seasons. At that point,House was an intelligent medical mystery with an extremely strong lead character at its center. It was a procedural in sheep’s clothing in a lot of ways, as Hugh Laurie’s performance as House helped raise the series above the normal medical procedural fare, giving it a presumed air of quality that it rightfully deserved. At that point, House was the glowing beacon for why procedurals weren’t the scourge of television; bad procedurals were the scourge of television. In those first three seasons, the series was sharp, witty and also willing to explore interesting philosophical issues — or at least do so on the surface.

(...)
Weiter geht es hier (Vorsicht, da sind dann einige Spoiler zu Season 7): http://www.tvovermind.com/fox/house/ton ... ason/38846
Zuletzt geändert von Housekatze am Mi 17. Nov 2010, 22:30, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Housekatze
House
House

:rofl:
Bild
Quelle: mlj5748 LJ
Housekatze
House
House

Artikel in der Huffington Post über die besten Serien/Schauspieler.. 2010 von John Chattman:
Because No One Else Is Saying it: Lost Was the Best Show of 2010
Anyway, below are my top five shows of the year followed by the fifteen best performances, top ten moments, and five unsung heroes (they don't get the accolades they deserve) I saw on the small screen. I'm just another guy with another opinion so - of course - I'd love to hear yours, and feel free to try to convince me to give "Broken Bad" another try.

My 15 Best Performances on TV in 2010
1. Jon Hamm, Mad Men
2. Terry O'Quinn, Lost
3. Ty Burrell, Modern Family
4. Ted Danson, Bored to Death
5. Sofia Vergara, Modern Family
6. Hugh Laurie, House
(...)

Ten Best Moments on TV
1. Lost Finale
2. Betty White hosting SNL
3. Chris Colfer in Glee's "Grilled Cheesus" episode
4. Don Draper's out-of-left-field engagement on Mad Men
5. Hugh Laurie's performance in last year's House season finale
(...)

Five Unsung Heroes in TV

1. Lisa Edelstein, House
2. Jared Harris, Mad Men
3. Josh Holloway, Lost
4. Craig Robinson, The Office
5. Nick Offerman, Parks & Recreation
Housekatze
House
House

House is not at Fox TCA tomorrow (since it's apparently mostly for new shows) BUT MAYBE our guys are gonna be at Fox Party, tomorrow night...

Tuesday, January 11 - FOX

8:45-9:30 AM - RAISING HOPE - BREAKFAST
9:30-10:15 AM - THE CHICAGO CODE
10:15-11:00 AM - AMERICAN IDOL
11:00-11:45 AM - EXECUTIVE SESSION
11:45 AM-1:00 PM - WRITING BREAK
1:00-2:15 PM - BOB'S BURGERS - LUNCH & SESSION
2:15-3:00 PM - TERRA NOVA
3:00-3:45 PM - TRAFFIC LIGHT
3:45-4:30 PM - BREAKING IN
4:30 PM - GLEE SUPER BOWL TAILGATE BREAK
7:00-10:00 PM - FOX WINTER ALL-STAR PARTY (VILLA SORRISO, PASADENA)

Read more: Breaking News - 2011 TCA Winter Press Tour Schedule | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2011 ... z1AfNJpeye
Thanks to @iwfc

Sollte es doch wichtige Neuigkeiten über House geben oder einige der Castmitglieder auftauchen, kann gerne spontan ein extra Thread eröffnet werden.
Housekatze
House
House

Hmm.. Ich vermute mal, wir brauchen dann doch nen extra Thread :D
@MattMitovich Anybody from [H]OUSE attending the FOX TCA party?
@DeJune_House I've heard everyone but the superbusyhot OW.
Edit:
@DeJune_House At the *party* not TCA. This is why I don't tweet.
So, jetzt bin ich verwirrt. xD Na, so lange man ein kleines Foto bekommt ist mir das egal. Auf dem TCA sind ja nur die neuen Shows (und glee) (s.o.).
Zuletzt geändert von Housekatze am Di 11. Jan 2011, 17:36, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Violett
Kutner
Kutner
Shipper: Hilson, Hacy
Fox-Gucker: Ja

vicpei aus dem HHoW hat eine Übersetzung von einem Interview mit Hugh Laurie gepostet: House's House of Whining :: View topic - Homina, Homina, Homina: Hugh Laurie

Die schönste Zeile des Interviews ist für mich:
... Then a lovely bit about his wife : « Without the love of my wife, I'd be lost. » ...
8o

Hugh Laurie's Meinung zum Thema Huli:
... Right now, what I fear the most are the notoriety's side effects. For exemple, fans who think you are a real doctor, or you are limping for real, or you really made love to Lisa Edelstein. ...
Fazit: Hugh Laurie liebt seine Ehefrau und fürchtet sich vor den Huli's.

Der, für mich, lustigste Teil des Interviews:
... When will you second book be released?

I knew you would ask me! Are you in cahoots with my editor? Did he told you to ask this? I am very embarrassed. Please tell him that I already spent the money he gave me for this second book. With my work schedule on Houes, it is hard to concentrate on this. You know, a first novel is easy, because you have a lot to say. The second is way more difficult. I would love to go straight to the fourth one. I would have a lot less apprehensions!
P.S.: hier findet ihr eine Übersetzungshilfe, für den Fall, dass ihr ein paar Wörter noch nicht kennt: dict.cc | Wörterbuch Englisch-Deutsch
Bild
es_doro
Housefan
Housefan
Shipper: Huddy

Bild
Housekatze
House
House

Kritische Frage zu den derzeitigen Entwicklungen bei House an Matt Kiling vom TV Guide mit interessanter, ehrlicher Antwort. (In Spoilerklammern, da gewisse Entwicklungen in Season 7 natürlich angesprochen werden)
Question: Are you (or is anyone else) getting as annoyed at — and tired of — House as I am? The show has been on for seven seasons, but it seems like watching the last two episodes (jumping off the hotel balcony, and then getting married) was like watching the first season. It's the same old thing. A mystery disease of the week which usually gets resolved so quickly I sometimes have to "rewind" to find out what it was and what the cure was (if any), and in the interim it's House's same old Vicodin-addicted, malicious abuse toward anyone and everyone. It was novel the first season, but I like to see characters evolve a little bit over time. I was encouraged at the beginning of season 6 when he was detoxing, and Andre Braugher was excellent as his shrink. I was really interested to see if they couldn't take the character in a different (better) direction. My husband even started watching again (he'd bailed after season 1) when House turned half human. But as soon as the nastiness and abuse started back, he bailed again.

It seems like the writers are one-trick ponies on this show. They can't seem to get past his being nasty, malicious and manipulative of everyone around him. And when he got married a week or so ago, I almost had a headache from all the eye-rolling at his antics. He really out-a-holed himself! As far as I'm concerned, this show has run its course. I don't really care if it gets renewed, as I don't think I'll watch anymore. But there are just too many other shows that seem interesting to waste any more time on the same old crap from House every week. The show is either long overdue for a serious character makeover, or it's run out of creative gas: maybe both! Hugh Laurie is a better actor than that, and Lisa Edelstein, Omar Epps, et al., deserve better. I can't be the only one who notices this, can I? — KC

Matt Roush: I'm sure you're not. The ratings for House are still solid enough, but not what they used to be. And what you're describing is the sort of fatigue that often sets in with any long-running series, especially one as formulaic as House (in the medical mysteries, at least). House gets knocked from all sides, though. When it changes things too drastically, like firing the original team and bringing on the new characters while sidelining a fan favorite like Cameron way too early in the show's run, we complain for good reason. The House-Cuddy relationship for a while seemed like a promising sea change this season, but it quickly became overdone and didn't seem to go over well for many viewers. And then there's House himself: reforming or pretending to and always backsliding. The producers are reluctant ever to change the basic nature of his character, but I agree it's frustrating to watch House and House seem to regress — and the green-card rebound marriage may be its most insultingly infantile storyline to date — much of this a function of a show refusing to age, or bow out, gracefully. (Many are saying much the same thing about The Office continuing without Steve Carell.) This cast can still rise to the occasion when given one — Hugh Laurie and Olivia Wilde are quite good in this week's episode — but it's no secret those moments are fewer and farther between.
Quelle: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ask-Matt-Ki ... 31686.aspx
Zuletzt geändert von Housekatze am Mo 11. Apr 2011, 17:25, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.
Violett
Kutner
Kutner
Shipper: Hilson, Hacy

Jennifer Morrison talks and thoughts about the [H]ouse MD series finale:
"Each year brings the retirement of at least one fondly remembered favourite. This past year was no different. Of all the series to disappear into rerun heaven over the past 12 months, perhaps none will be as fondly remembered, or was more influential in its time, than House, M.D.

Jennifer Morrison, who played Dr. Allison Cameron for six of House’s eight seasons, thought the final note, in which Hugh Laurie’s irascible Gregory House faked his own death — even going so far as to switch his own dental records — so he would be left alone, was pitch perfect.

“I thought it was a great ending,” Morrison said in a private interview on the Vancouver set of Once Upon a Time, in which she plays Emma Swan.

“I thought it was an interesting way for (House) to win his freedom. It was the culmination of eight years of him working, and what it meant to be free from that. The fact that he chose a friendship over his work was such a big deal for him as a person, because his work was all he ever felt safe doing. It was such a fresh and unexpected way to end it. For sure. Because if he had died, and actually died, then there would’ve been no room for his growth as a character. The show was always about growth.”

Morrison has fond memories of her time on House, and she thought the ending played to London, Ont., series-creator David Shore’s penchant for black humour and twisty surprises. The House finale was pure House, she said, and pure Hugh Laurie, thanks to Shore.

“David was always true to himself,” Morrison said. “He never wrote to satisfy other people’s ideas of how things should be. He wrote what he thought was authentic for the characters. Always. David’s an extraordinary writer, and I’m sure he put a tremendous amount of thought into the right way for (House) to have that moment of epiphany. The show’s no longer House if House isn’t House. You can’t have him suddenly evolve into this loving, warm person who’s great in relationships.

“It was eight years of these tiny little bits of watching him grow incrementally. The You can’t have House not be House. There wouldn’t be a show. So how do you end it in such a way that you maintain the integrity of who he was for eight years? I think that David walked that line perfectly.”

TV procedurals rule the world.

House was a procedural, in a sense, and it enjoyed a number of seasons as the world’s single most-watched TV series. ..."
Quelle: http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainm ... story.html
Bild